Re: Polyhedron Fortran comparison - now contains gfortran

Ron Young wrote:
I think you should turn off inlining ,when comparing to other compliers. No inlining makes a big difference on my code. I hope inlining will work soon.

The -ipo option in ifort does things that are not in gfortran yet.

I'm missing what you're getting at here. Most available Fortran source doesn't push the limits of what gfortran or commercial compilers can do with in-lining. ifort 9.1 may do as much in-lining as gfortran -O3. Unless you can show where it make a difference in the Polyhedron benchmarks, I'll hold to my opinion that there's not much in it. Certainly, Polyhedron benchmarks aren't constructed to help you predict the performance of code which is constructed so as to depend on in-lining.