Re: gfortran problems

Is the path to gfortran executable in your PATH environement variable ?
what is the result of
which gfortran

If the result is: "which: no gfortran in blablabla" then it is not in you PATH and that is the problem...

You then want to add the following line in your ~/.bashrc

export PATH="path_to_gfortran_bin_directory:${PATH}"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="path_to_gfortran_lib_directory:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"

Benjamin