Re: -ffast-math and gfortran

Steve Kargl wrote:
OTOH, a language frontend can overrule any common option.
I'll suggest that -ffast-math emit a long-winded explanation
of the potential problems with -ffast-math, point to the
-frisky-math option, and exit.  Of course, people will start
to -frisky-math without bothering to investigate why it is
risky.

If this ever gets anywhere, I'd personally suggest finding a different word for "risky" in the option name, just because it took me until now to realize that you didn't mean "frisky" (which would almost be appropriate here, in the sense of making the program act like an energetic puppy that goes quickly but not necessarily where you want it to!).

- Brooks