Re: PATCH: fortran/27662: Transpose doesn't work on function return

Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> writes:
> On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 10:35:11PM -0700, H. J. Lu wrote:
>> We zere the first stride to indicate a temporary. But if the first
>> stride of the temporary is used later, we will get the wrong result
>> as in PR fortran/27662. Does anyone know why we do this? Do we have
>> a testcase to show it is needed?
>>
>> This patch fixes PR fortran/27662. But I have no ideas if it is the
>> correct fix.
>>

> Richard Sandiford wrote much of the optimizations that
> are applied to transpose.  I sent him an email earlier
> today asking him if he had some spare time to look
> at this PR.

However, the use of zero strides for temporaries was an existing
situation, not something specific to the tranpose optimisations.
I'm afraid I don't know gfortran well enough to say whether it's
still needed.  It looks like Paul has taken up the patch (thanks Paul!)
and he knows this stuff much better than I do.

Richard