Re: Fwd: [patch, fortran] Fix USE_MAPPED_LOCATION regressions

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 09:58:57PM -0700, Per Bothner wrote:
> Steve Kargl wrote:
> >What is this patch fixing?  I don't know what --enable-mapped-location
> >does.
>
> --enable-mapped-location is an alternative way of representing
> line number information, using the source_location type in
> libcpp/include/line-map.h.
>
> The hope is --enable-mapped-location will become the default as
> soon as various regressions are fixed, so it is important that
> all front-ends that are built by default need to work with
> --enable-mapped-location.

Thanks for the explanation.  There are a few occurences of
lb->linenum in error.c and a few trans-*.c files.  Do these
need updating or are these lb->linenum instances initialized
in scanner.c?  If no one else gets to these questions, I'll
try looking over the patch this weekend.

--
Steve