Leading underscore in the fortran function name.

Hi again.

I am trying to compile a bunch of files that define functions that have leading underscores. But gfortran doesn't seem to allow that.

Even simple code like

        subroutine _foo()
        return
        end

Doesn't compile... it gives "Unclassifiable statement" error. Is there any switch in gfortran that will let me work around this?

Why is this not allowed?

Thanks
Spundun