Re: [patch, fortran] Fix PR 26769: transpose and reshape for real(kind=10), revert automake to 1.9.3

:REVIEWMAIL:

2006-03-23 Thomas Koenig <Thomas.Koenig@online.de>

	PR fortran/26769
	* iresolve.c (gfc_resolve_reshape):  Remove doubling of
	kind for complex. For real(kind=10), call reshape_r10.
	(gfc_resolve_transpose):  For real(kind=10), call
	transpose_r10.

This approach of the problem (using same lib functions for all types) has been annoying me for some time.

What happens on machines with a real(kind=16) but no integer(kind=16)? On when we (though, to my knowledge, this second case doesn't exist today) have a real(kind=10) and integer(kind=10) with different paddings or other stuff?

I'd really think it would be much better having different routines for real and integers. The cost for that isn't worth the price of worrying about this kind of assumption every time we have a new real or integer kind available, in my opinion.

Other than that, the patch is technically OK. So, while I think this patch shouldn't be applied, if someone wants to tell me that I suck, the patch will then be pre-approved! :)

FX