Re: gfortran.dg/pr16597.f90 leaves behind a file (bug?)

 > The second OPEN has a STATUS="SCRATCH", so it will not open fort.99
 > but instead, create a temporary file with a unique name (most probably
 > in /tmp) which will then be removed upon calling close.
 >
 > The two OPEN statements in the testcase open two different files, the
 > first named "fort.99" which is not removed, and should not be, and the
 > second a scratch file, which is removed afterwards. The testcase
 > behaves as it is supposed to, and you can see that both Intel and g77
 > compilers have this exact same behaviour.
 > FX

Okay thanks for the clarification.

So we need to arrange to delete the file fort.99.  My initial thought
was to either use STATUS="SCRATCH"  in the first open call or
STATUS="DELETE" in the first close call.  However in reading the PR
for the original testcase, I think triggering the original bug
depended on two sequential opens and I'm not sure if the first attempt
had to exist for the bug to manifest.  Can you read the PR and advise?

		Thanks,
		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu