Re: internal write error

Tim Prince wrote:
Jerry DeLisle wrote:

bluecatggw wrote:

Hello,

I downloaded a recent version of gfortran from
http://quatramaran.ens.fr/~coudert/gfortran/gcc-svn.tar.bz2, and built
it on my notebook. The building process is smooth, however, the
following code does not work:

program test
   implicit none
   character(15) :: a
   integer :: b=5
   write(a, '(i2.2)') b
   print *, trim(a)
end

The "internal write" caused "Segmentation fault (core dumped)"

I an not getting a problem with i686-Linux. This may be a cygwin related problem.

Will have to confirm on a cygwin box.

Paul or FX can you try this?

Jerry

My cygwin build of the version quoted by OP, on my notebook, from gcc.gnu.org, has no trouble with this case, but testsuite won't run. I wouldn't call it a cygwin or gfortran related problem, unless gcc being broken on cygwin qualifies as cygwin related.

Yes, this is what I mean by Cygwin related, that gcc and/or gfortran is broken for that target for some reason, or the binary downloaded is broken.

Bluecatggw, if you are interested in building gcc/gfortran, I would suggest going to the gcc.gnu.org site, find the link to snapshots and get one of those, or get an anonymous svn download.

There are some pre-requisites for mpfr to be installed. Build latest gfortran from these and see if the problem goes away.

Jerry