gfortran namelist read eof error

Hello,

I hope I am writing to the correct list. It is about a problem concerning gfortran from gcc-4.0.2.

I have managed to build an application with gfortran, but it gives a runtime error when it comes to execution.

The error is the following:

At line 99 of file initialise_genie.F
Fortran runtime error: End of file
Command exited with non-zero status 2
0.00user 0.00system 0:00.04elapsed 10%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k
!!!!!!!!!! ERROR PROCESSING !!!!!!!!!!
cp: cannot stat `fort.2': No such file or directory

When I look the code, at that specific line of the specific program, there is the command:

read(8,genie_control_nml)

which simply reads a name list from the file fort.8.
The file is certainly there and contains all the necessary data. But I do not know anything about the fort.2.

I have read about a bug (or something similar about the EOF and namelists) but could not find much info.
Is it the same one in this case? Has it been fixed? Do you have any suggestions? I would really appreciate your answer.

Thank you very much
Sofia