Re: what will get backported?

Jack Howarth wrote:
I am still a little confused on what will in fact get backported
from trunk to the 4.1 branch for gfortran. It sounds like we are on
the verge of some quite significant performance improvements for array
handling. Will these be trapped in the trunk or will they actually make it into 4.1.1? Unless changes are required outside of the gfortran
and libgfortran directories, I would hope these changes would be
permitted. Thanks in advance for any clarifications.
Jack

I plan to push all library I/O fixes eventually to 4.1 branch. On some of these we wait a while to make sure we do not introduce further regressions. They get tested first on 4.2.

If a patch implements a new feature, thats a different story.

Jerry