Re: [Fortran] Another array reference dependency improvement

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 06:32:15PM +0100, Paul Thomas wrote:
> Roger,
>
> >This latter approach avoids the need to pass down a linked list
> >of variables through gfc_dependency's call stack, and then scan
> >this list everytime we encounter a variable at a leaf.
> >
> >Perhaps the gfortran maintainers could indicate which approach
> >they think is most appropriate.
> >

> I favour the latter - ie. a context flag. In doing the Polyhedron tests
> to check out your first patch, I notice that compilation times are 50%
> up on 6 months ago; there's too much running up and down linked lists!

I agree with Paul.  I also vaguely recall that the index of an
implied-do-loop needs some special handling, and the latter approach
may be applicable there.  Unfortnately, a quick scan of standard has
jogged my mind about the details of implied-do-loops.

--
Steve