Re: [patch] Fix fortran/25031, multiple allocations

Thomas,

Because I would have had to handle the error conditions in the user
program, as well, and I didn't want to bloat the user's program with a call
to runtime_error() for each allocate statement.

The overhead is actually quite small but you are quite right. I had written a TREE_SSA version that does suffer from the problem that you mention. It is intimately mixed up with a patch to deliver zero length arrays in response to request for negative lengths, in various conditions. I will separate the two tonight or tomorrow morning; having done that, I will review your patch. It could stand having one part of my patch incorporated; I replaced the gfc_ref* argument in gfc_allocate array by the gfc_expr*. I'll get the mods to you tomorrow morning.

Best regards

Paul