Re: [Bug fortran/20938] Dependency checking fails for equivalences

tobi,

------- Comment #3 from tobi at gcc dot gnu dot org 2006-02-19 18:56 -------
I might be a little late, given that you already posted a patch which
completely fixes this issue
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2006-02/msg00420.html>, but I thought of fixing
this back before we had the in_equivalence attribute, by simply assuming that
the RHS and the LHS are dependent if both are members of equivalences. I'm not
convinced that this pathological case is worth all the effort. Nevertheless
I'll review your patch during the next 48 hours.

Thanks - I gave thought to the same fix. It has its advantages; like avoiding a quadratic term. However, it will cause temporaries to sprout, where none are necessary.

The effort was not that great; similar code exists in match.c that I adapted. I could not quite see how to combine them into one function, though.

Paul