Re: [gfortran] patch for pr libfortran/21303

I am using i686-pc-linux-gnu (aka Fedora Core 4)

I am also using a i686-pc-linux-gnu. To be sure, I updated my tree, removed other (pending) patches and bootstrapped from scratch. After that, running the fmt_l.f90 testcase gives:

$ make check-fortran RUNTESTFLAGS="dg.exp=fmt_l.f90"
[... snip ...]
                === gfortran Summary ===

# of expected passes 152
/home/fxcoudert/svn/debug/ibin/gcc/testsuite/gfortran/../../gfortran version 4.2.0 20060219 (experimental)

To be sure, I attached the final patch one again (but it's really the same as the previous diff with the updated fmt_l.f90).

At compile time with -std=f95 -pedantic:

The warning is:

$ gfc -std=f95  fmt_l.f90
 In file fmt_l.f90:14

or" }
1
Warning: Positive width required in format string at (1). Also notice the location is off at the end of the comment.

So the message does not match the dg-warning. I gather this is not what you intended.

No, the warning I'm expecting happens with -std=gnu -pedantic. I could also test the warning issued with -std=f95, which is as you noted different (because it's the general warning for such problems), but that would mean having either a run-time error (which is harder to test) or no runtime output at all (and I'd like to test the runtime warning).

So, in short: I'm sure I want to use -std=gnu -pedantic as dg-options, though we still have to figure out why it's working for me and not for you. If someone else could spare a few cycles on this, I'd be glad.

FX