Re: The future of gfortran maintenance.

Hi!

Thanks a lot for pointing that to me, I hadn't even noticed it was
labelled as "ice-on-invalid-code".

I believe the orginal code to be valid: several compilers happily sail
through it, even the Lahey one at its pickiest find nothing to report
about it! This part (of the original code) is unfortunately very
convoluted (...), and I wasn't able to reduce it, FX was kind enough to
do it for me, but it could that I missed something: could you point out
to me the invalid bit please? If it's wrong in the original code, then
that's the end of the story (but I find it hard to believe)...

Thanks!

Philippe

PS: the error I currently get:

/USER/Alpha/Sim/SimF/philippe/MICRESS/MICRESS_GFortran/MICRESS/modules/MODULE_SPRACHE.f90:
In function 'ctn_error_interception':
/USER/Alpha/Sim/SimF/philippe/MICRESS/MICRESS_GFortran/MICRESS/modules/MODULE_SPRACHE.f90:342:
internal compiler error: in gfc_conv_variable, at
fortran/trans-expr.c:354
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

PPS: the version is used for that: GNU Fortran 95 (GCC) 4.2.0 20060206
(experimental)