Re: [FORTRAN] Avoid allocating unused WHERE masks

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 Tobias.Schlueter@Physik.Uni-Muenchen.DE wrote:
> Quoting Roger Sayle <roger@eyesopen.com>:
> Ok, modulo two minor issues:
> I see that this is preexisting code, but since you're copying it, I shall
> ask you a linguistic question: is this correct English?  (I would have
> expected 'whose'.)

Doh!  You're quite right.  I hadn't even read the rest of the comment.
I've corrected the grammar here to read:

    MASK is the temporary whose value is mask's value.
    NMASK is another temporary whose value is !mask, or NULL if not
    required.

> > + 	  /* If this is the last clause of the WHERE construct, then
> > + 	     we don't need to allocate/populate/deallocate a pmask.  */
>                                                              ^^^^^
> Your patch removes the preceding definition of pmask, so please make
> explicit what this means.

And this I've now changed to read:

       /* If this is the last clause of the WHERE construct, then
          we don't need to allocate/populate/deallocate a complementary
          pending control mask (pmask).  */

Thanks for your speedy review.  Many thanks also to the various
gfortran maintainers that had offered to review these patches!
Committed to mainline.

Roger