Re: The future of gfortran maintenance.

Steve Kargl wrote:

> David Edelsohn brought to my attention on IRC that some gfortran
> code reviewers/approvers have not been officially anointed by the SC.
> The list of people, who have been performing this task, is

>     Paul Brook     Steven Bosscher
>     Toon Moene     Tobias Schlueter
>     Bud Davis      Janne Blomqvist
>     Steve Kargl    Thomas Koenig
>     Paul Thomas    Francois-Xavier Coudert

> I would like to see this expanded to include Jerry DeLisle, Erik Edelmann,
> Andrew Pinski, Jakub Jelinek.

> Jerry and Erik have both contributed high quality patches to gfortran,
> Andrew is a bugmeister whose shown some interest in gfortran bugs, and
> Jakub is the OpenMP guru.

> Can you take this list to the SC for the super secret handshake?

In fact, what has been asked of me is to fix the definite list of
people to go into the MAINTAINERS file.

The problem is that we keep the "reviewers" list on a sub-page of
gcc.gnu.org/fortran, but that's not where people are looking for
maintainers.

So we have to change that too (that was No 2 on my list, that I
didn't include in the first mail :-)

I'll discuss this with the SC over the weekend.

Thanks,

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
A maintainer of GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/