Re: patch: [fortran] handle inverses of -ffixed-form and -ffree-form

On Dec 10, 2005, at 7:54 PM, Aldy Hernandez wrote:

I missed the -ffixed-form option above, because it had no docs, so I
assumed the sensible thing would be to use -fno-free-form, since .f90
files get compiled as free-form by default....
I don't see why we can't accept the negative, but I really don't care
either way.

While it certainly is no big deal, allow me to comment that it seems sensible to me to reject the negative form. The reason is that, in abstract, this is not a binary choice. There could be more than two forms. It happens that there are only two forms defined now, and I don't see a lot of reason for a third one, but in principle it could happen. The negative of "assumed fixed form" would not necessarily be "assume free form".

--
Richard Maine                |  Good judgment comes from experience;
Richard.Maine@nasa.gov       |  experience comes from bad judgment.