Re: GFortran 4.0.2 on Sunos 5.9

> > > Did you try --with-gmp-dir?
> >
> > No.
> >
> > configure --help said that was for the GMP source.
> > Which I had already built.
> >

> Well, I'm stumped. It's been years since I used a SunOS system,
> so I've run out of (obvious) suggestions.  When you run configure,
> are gmp.h and mpfr.h found in /opt/sfw/gcc-4/include?

Yup. Found'em just fine. Note that it's a linking step that failed.

To clarify, 'truss' is the Sunos counterpart to 'strace,'
(a recent addition, so you may not have seen it). So by running
it with gmake I noted that the process never tried to look anywhere
in --with-gmp, only in /usr/lib. Looks to me like the configure script
failed to propagate the --with-gmp option to the right invocations
in the Makefiles, and a manual edit would fix the problem, (and
this note will get to the GCC team's autoconf gurus for the next version).
Unfortunately, I have no idea what I am supposed to tell gfortran
in order to append to the library search path.

Am right now trying with --with-dmp-dir.