Re: do we expect compiler to catch this?

Tobias.Schlueter@Physik.Uni-Muenchen.DE wrote:
This is a quality of implementation issue, not than a correctness issue.  It
would be great if we caught this, but we don't have to.  On the other hand,
with an explicit interface (as in the case of an intrinsic), we should probably
catch this.  Which we don't:
schluter@pcl247d:~/src> cat t.f90
CALL f(1.)
CONTAINS
subroutine f(x)
 intent(out) :: x
 x = 2.
end subroutine f
end

That's an internal, not an intrinsic. :)

(However, intrinsics, like internals, do have explicit interfaces.)

- Brooks