Re: [Patch, fortran] PR24409 - ICE on module name vs dummy argument name

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 09:43:13PM +0100, Paul Thomas wrote:
> :ADDPATCH fortran:
>
> This patch represents an adjustment to an earlier one to module.c that
> hooked up symtree references to one in the non-contained namespace, as
> soon as it became available.  In fact, it did this to excess and was
> capable of associating symbols to module names or to interface dummy
> arguments, with disasterous consequences.  These errors are easily
> eliminated, as the attached shows.
>
> Bubblestrapped and regtested on FC3/Athlon.  OK for mainline and 4.0?
>
> Paul T
>
> PS The dates are not a mistake; I just forgot about the patch!

If tested this on i386-*-freebsd and I've seen your email
addressing Tobi's question.  I think the patch is ok.  Note,
your ChangeLog entry should reflect the date when the patch
is committed.

PS: Someday, we should document the gfortran and libgfortran
    internals on the wiki.  AFAIK, Paul T is the only person
    with a grasp on how modules work. :(

--
Steve