Re: gfortran speed benchmarks

Steve Kargl wrote:

I haven't run benchmarks against g95. In fact, I've never
used g95. However, I have a silly little benchmark in code the g77 can compile. It shows that gfortran had remove
for some improve, but in general it is doing ok

Have you tried your little program with Paul Thomas preliminary performance patch? With that Patch I am getting some performance very near Intel compiler on Polyhedron TEST_FPU.f90

Its very encouraging.

Jerry