Re: [gfortran] patch to implement malloc and free intrinsics

FX Coudert wrote:
This is the latest version of this patch. Regtested on i686-linux. Approve if you think reasonnable, or propose another patch, but I won't spend any more time on that. However, I'd like to stress that implementing MALLOC and FREE is probably something we want done before 4.1 branches, since most codes using Cray pointers use them.
[...]
+@item @emph{Example}:
+The following example demonstrates the use of @code{MALLOC} and
+@code{FREE} with Cray pointers. This example is intended to run on
+32-bit systems, where the default integer kind is suitable to store
+pointers; on 64-bit systems, ptr_x would need to be declared as
+@code{integer(kind=8)}.
+
+This example is not currently functionnal, as Cray pointer support is
+still lacking.

I believe that this last sentence (in the MALLOC documentation) is now erroneous, yes?

I remember having spent some time critiquing the documentation when this was first proposed, and it all still looks good to me. Regrettably, I don't have the knowledge to approve the actual code, though.

- Brooks