Re: Cray pointer paperwork is done.

> I just received an email from the FSF saying that Mike Kumbera and I
> will be added to copyright.list by the end of the day.

Actually, what they received is the LLNL disclaimer. And the
copyright.list was updated to reflect this. This is not enough.

Simply said, there are two possible ways for to handle the code worked
out by employees.
  1. The employer can have claims to own the intellectual property
rights for the code, since it was done as part of your job (or using
job resources, or ...). Then, there has to be an agreement between the
employer and the FSF.
  2. Else, the employer can renounce to all rights to this code (which
is why the disclaimer is for), effectively leaving you (as an
individual) choose to do what you want with it.  In that case, you (as
an individual) agree to assign copyright to the FSF (this is the
second paper, the copyright assignment, signed by you, and with no
modification to the stock form sent by the FSF).

In short: Asher, you need to sign the Copyright Assignment form the
FSF sent you, with no modification.

FX