Re: Module variable name

Quoting Salvatore Filippone <salvatore.filippone@uniroma2.it>:
> I had a Fortran module defining an explicit interface in which one of
> the dummy arguments had the same name as the module itself (perhaps not
> a smart thing to do, I will admit).
> With gfortran this stopped working after snapshot 20050917 (the error
> being that a USE chain gives undefined type for that symbol), whereas
> Intel and other compilers happily live with it.

The only patch touching these things around 20050917 was the following:
2005-09-18  Paul Thomas  <pault@gcc.gnu.org>

	PR fortran/16861
	* module.c (read_module): Give symbols from module procedures
	different true_name entries to those from the module proper.

> Question: is this specified by the standard?

Yes, I believe so, I don't have the standard at hand, though.  Can you open a PR
please?

- Tobi