Re: [patch, fortran] Large transfer support for IO library

PING!

Well, here is yet another version of the patch, with some comment
typos fixed.

To reiterate why IMHO this should be included

1) It enables > 2 GB array transfers. Technically, this is a
regression in the array IO functionality wrt the previous behavior,
although no PR has been filed.

2) It improves performance and reduces memory consumption for big
transfers by avoiding buffering if the transfer size is > BUFFER_SIZE.

3) There is already some slight bitrot wrt other patches, although to
my knowledge it is at the moment in sync with cvs. E.g. Jakub:s recent
thread safety patch, and indeed my own fix for 24174 (only attached to
bugzilla, since I had mail problems when I finished the patch..).

--
Janne Blomqvist