Re: GNU Fortran

On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 04:21:19PM -0700, Alexander Verhaeghe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I downloaded GNU Fortran and I have a lot of trouble
> with it. There is no decent explanation on how this
> works, a lot of info which is not usefull. Not all
> Fortran code is supported, MODULE statement? USE
> statement? global constants? global structs?,

What exactly did you download?

> interface with Win32 all features that apparently do
> not work with GNU Fortran, a lot of questions
> unanswered. If I have to look hours to find this and
> still didn't find anything, then something is wrong!
> Free software may be good, but most of the time,
> explanation is (very?) poor, almost never a decent
> IDE, no samples, ... Microsoft and Borland they have
> at least very good editors and complete environments
> and big KB. Of course You cannot do that since it's
> free. That's the price I guess we have to pay for
> having no support. I'm wondering is this usefull?

Your rant is not useful.  No one is forcing you to
use gfortran (or more likely g77).  If you're happy
with Borland's Fortran compiler then use it (of course,
Borland doesn't have a Fortran compiler).  If you're
happy with Microsoft's Fortran compiler, then use it
(of course, Microsoft doesn't have a Fortran compiler).

--
Steve