Re: [patch,fix, PING] PR21875 Internal Array IO and NIST final fix

Steve Kargl wrote:

If you think that further work on gfortran may accidently lead to a situation of len < 0, then you can change it to gcc_assert(*len >= 0).

I see that gcc_assert() does not exist on the libgfortran side and is not used anywhere there. I will add this to my todo list for a future addition.

I confirmed on all my test cases that len is not going negative so I have deleted that bit of code in question. Regression tested again with all OK. I have cleaned up the formatting issues.

I will commit this patch to 4.1 branch later today. Will wait for 4.0.3 on that branch.

Regards, and thank you for everyones support and attention.

Jerry