Re: [gfortran,patch] Fix PR libfortran/23262 (on mingw32)

> it may not be appropriate to override the user option --
> because, if we do, a Cygwin user may not get the line ending type that
> they want.

I do agree with that. On the other hand, libgfortran is incompatible
with CRLF switch (that is, today, if a user specifies CRLF, gfortran
(indepedently of where it was compiled) will not work for him. Trivial
codes might appear to work, but any code using (for example) rewind or
sequential direct access will be broken (see PR 23262 and duplicates).

I see no way to have the Cygwin switch influence the behaviour of the
library. On the other hand, we could add a compiler switch, -fcrlf,
which would default to -fno-crlf on non-windows systems, to -fcrlf on
mingw and either (choice of the binaries maker) on cygwin.

How do people feel about that?

> I may have a chance to poke at this a bit and confirm some of this
> experimentally in the next couple of weeks; if I do, I'll report back.

Thanks. I'll hold the patch until more evidence comes in.

FX