old libg2c intrinsics (ltime, fseek, ftell, fputc, etc.)

Hi,

I have the dubious honor of managing a large system of software which
includes a fair amount of ancient/legacy fortran code.  Trying to keep
up with the times, we're working to get it all compiling with gfortran/g95,
(currently it's okay with f90 or g77), and have not surprisingly run into
a number of problems.  One of these problems is that some of the code uses
instrinsics defined in the old libg2c (ltime, fseek, ftell, fputc, fgetc),
and these are evidently no longer available.  Mainly I'm now looking for
some official confirmation a) that this is indeed the case, b) whether
these functions will be reinstated at some point, and c) whether there
are similar existing functions that might be used instead.

Thanks,
Bryan

Bryan Irby                        | HEASARC Software Group, NASA/GSFC
irby@zambi.gsfc.nasa.gov          | L-3 Communications GSI