Re: [gfortran,ping] support for large kinds in front-end and library

> Upon further investigation, it appears that Makefile that is
> generated with you changes is fubar.

The only thing I can think of is that you can check for the new rule
inside Makefile.am and the regenerated Makefile: does it have proper
indentation (a tab) and not space-indentation?

> There are no symbols in the object files!  I don't know
> how this happened. :(

You can look at kinds.h and kinds.inc: they should have lines such as

#define HAVE_GFC_INTEGER_4

and so on. If not, then the Makefile got corrupted.

FX