Re: [Patch, gfortran] common blocks getting mangled in nested modules

Richard,

My apologies if this is off the point and is obvious to all. But I have run into people who forget parts of it - particularly the bit about different instances of a common having different variable names. And I run into a lot of people (including several on J3) who keep forgetting that USE accessibility relates only to names and not to the underlying objects. It seems safer to belabor the point than to possibly let a misunderstanding propagate.

Apologies are certainly not necessary. As it happens, I was well aware of this. However, I have been reading the standard quite carefully to ensure compliance and have learned much that I did not know before. gfortran is less broken than it was but I am sharply aware of what remains to be done!

Cheers

Paul T