Re: CREAD buggy?

    Unfortunately valgrind doesn't exist for MacOS X. I would note
a couple things about the offending code. The COMLYN string is in a
common block but all the other variables being read into are all
declared locally in the subroutine. While xplor-nih has its own heap
routines for managing the coordinates and properties of the atoms,
these routines aren't being used to hold the COMLYN string. It is
declared in a common header as...

C current line (used only in NEXTWD)
      INTEGER      COMLEN, COMMAX
      PARAMETER    (COMMAX=132)
      CHARACTER*(COMMAX) COMLYN

If you have any other suggestions to try, let me know.
            Jack