Re: CREAD buggy?

On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 03:06:10PM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
>    Xplor-nih does require a registration but you can just enter
> in a username and password then at the registeration form just
> select Other for Affiliation and Personal for the Use option. They mainly
> use the registration as proof of usage for the software for
> granting purposes.

Unfortunately, xplor-nih isn't the only Fortran program with a registeration
requirement.  It would be great if we could use these programs to test
gfortran, but to register on several different sites becomes tedious.  In
fact, I have something like 5 different user IDs with Sun because Sun required
a user account to each new version java.  When I only updates java every
year or so, I tend to forget the previous passwd.

> ps If it were an aliasing problem, isn't there a compiler flag I can
> use to work around it? As I said, using -O0 doesn't seem to
> eliminate the problem.

Try -fbounds-check and -fstrict-aliasing.  I'm not sure what
will happen with -fstrict-aliasing.

--
Steve