Re: Possible Bug in gfc_match_name() - whitespace is not a delimiter

On Jun 30, 2005, at 10:35 AM, Kevin Nuss wrote:

I noticed that in gfc_match_name() in the source file match.c,
gfc_next_char() is used rather than gfc_next_char_literal(). This causes
things like "abc def ghi" to be scanned as "abcdefghi" while a variable
name is being looked for. Doesn't seem correct to me. If it is OK, sorry
to bother you.

Whitespace is not supposed to be a delimiter for names (or anything else) in fixed source form. Making it so would violate the standard. If I've got it right (and I might not), that's sort of a major part of the distinction between the 2 functions.

--
Richard Maine                |  Good judgment comes from experience;
Richard.Maine@nasa.gov       |  experience comes from bad judgment.