Re: another calling-fortran-from-C-question

On Jun 28, 2005, at 2:22 PM, Tobias Schlüter wrote:

They're not. They're of deferred shape. The distinction is important because
assumed shape arrays were already possible in Fortran 77,

No, that is not true - at least not with the standard's definition of the terms. The arrays here are *EXACTLY* what the standard calls assumed shape. I assume that what you were talking about in f77 is what is often called adjustable. Or maybe you are referring to assumed size (which is not the same thing as assumed shape). If you weren't thinking of one of those two things, then I just have no clue what else you had in mind, but it certainly could not have been what the standard calls assumed shape - that is very much an f90 feature.

--
Richard Maine                |  Good judgment comes from experience;
Richard.Maine@nasa.gov       |  experience comes from bad judgment.