Re: Make Paul Thomas a reviewer?

OK, I submit to the majority opinion, on two conditions:

(i) It is understood that I will not start doing this until mid-July. Quite aside from the reservations that I expressed in my previous posting on the subject, I am essentially out of town until then. I will be working on gfortran but will not easily be able to deal effectively with reviews.
(ii) That we find some equitable means of distributing the reviews. Most are tending to fall on Tobi and Steve, at present, but this is because they pick them up voluntarily. However, it is noticable that long silences can follow the submission of a patch; most perticularly the "difficult" ones because nobody feels like or able to pick them up. The result is that signicant improvements to gfortran have lain fallow for significant amounts of time.

Perhaps the best thing would be to that submitters ask for somebody in particular to do the review? Then that reviewer has the opportunity to say "no", they are too busy or that it will have to wait until xxxx/xx/xx. The submitter than has the option to try somebody else - again, on the list so that it is evident to all what is happening. It seems to me that this is a circumstance where there is no shame in saying "no". We are all volunteers, after all, and sometimes we have "to get a life".

Cheers

Paul T