Re: Segfault on O2 optimisation for test case for PR18689

On May 12, 2005, at 11:55 AM, Tobias Schlüter wrote:

Paul Thomas wrote:
In an earlier posting, I indicated that PR18689 could be fixed at the same
time as PR16939. This problem involves dummy arguments being character
pointer arrays. However, I have hit a FAIL on the test program, when the
optimisation is O2 or better.
This is specific to actual arguments. I guess the scalarisation loop is
broken in some way?

I tried your patch together with Jakub's fix for PR15080, but the
scalarization still goes wrong. So it looks like you found a different bug
somewhere, the .original dump looks fine. The bug is very fragile: addding
debug code makes the testcase pass. Maybe we're dealing with a
misoptimization for a change.

Does this fail with -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing. I know there was a bug report
about wrong aliasing sets for some types (there is a testcase which is xfailed
because of it too).

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski