gfortran experiences...

Running fortran 90 code on a dual Opteron, the binary produced by gfortran
4.0 came in about 10 percent faster than the intel F90 compiler for E64MT.
(I'm not surprised that the Intel compiler was pretty slow on AMD chips, but
it's interesting to see.) The important thing is that it happily compiled
and ran the DLPOLY package, though, which means that we don't have to buy an
expensive AMD-specific compiler.

Anyway, good work, and thanks. I've been waiting for a good free F90/F95
compiler for a couple of years now.

Josh

--
jbrandt@wpi.edu