Re: Processor-specific code

----- Original Message ----- From: "François-Xavier Coudert" <Francois-Xavier.Coudert@lcp.u-psud.fr>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gcc.devel,gmane.comp.gcc.fortran
Cc: <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 3:39 PM
Subject: Processor-specific code

Hi all,

I'm working on implementation of the different FPU options for libgfortran, the runtime library for gfortran (e.g., on which floating-point exception do we want a SIGFPE to be raised, what rounding-mode does the user want, etc.).

There is nothing in standard C (or even POSIX) to do that, and we'll have to include some processor-specific code. How does the build system allow that? Can we have a system of MACRO defined depending on the target processor (something like TARGET_FPU_IS_PPC)?

See http://www.fortran-2000.com/ArnaudRecipes/CompilerTricks.html#TheoryFP_std_lang

PS: If I said something stupid or offended your sense of riguor, please don't be too harsh on someone new to this kind of problem.

FX