[RFC] maybe a patch to fix PR 20954

The problem here is the types obvious don't match. This patch adds a fold_convert
but I don't know if it is the correct thing to add as that would mean we have
to look at all the places which use the string length to do that.
Does anyone have more insight into the problem than I currently have?

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski