Re: namelist modifications - de-whitespaced and completed.

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 07:17:38AM +0200, Paul Thomas wrote:
> >/* This is a comment.  */  <-- the 2 spaces.
>
> Noted
>
> >I get rejections from the patches to list_read.c and lock.c.
> >I applied the rejected parts by hand.  I suspect that this
> >is related to your whitespace changes.  My source tree is
> >mainline from Friday night (7 pm PST).
>
> I just rebuilt from bedrock with the same source tree (Saturday 7 am CET).
> The patches were applied with no complaint.  Is this a diff/patch version
> problem?

Maybe.  I haven't problems with others patches or with sending
patches to fortran@.  Fortunately, the rejected portions were
very small and easy to do by hand.

kargl[205] patch --version
Patch version 2.1
kargl[206] diff --version
diff - GNU diffutils version 2.7

I've read through trans-io.c, io.h, transfer.c, and lock.c.
I'm part way through list_read.c.  I haven't seen anything
that is setting off alarms.  We'll need Paul B. or Steven B.
to look over trans-io.c, because I don't understand the
tree-ssa backend stuff.  In my first quick read of the diff,
I notice that you included ctype.h in list_read.c or write.c
and used toupper.  You don't need the header and toupper
should be TOUPPER.  This is a GCC builtin function.

--
Steve