Re: one more!!

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 14:12 -0500, apaz@purdue.edu wrote:

> Thanks, I was asking about the best way to go in mixing Fortran and C/Objective
> C (in both directions) ?

<delurk>
mixing fortran and c is quite a nightmare. actually, i would consider
this a rather good reason not to use fortran. but hey, i guess we don't
have an option.
i've used cfortran.h [1] in the past. it works quite well. i haven't
tried it with gfortran.

something even more off-topic: does anyone know about any efforts using
f95 with the gnu autotools? i am using autoconf/automake with my f95
code which does the trick to some extent. the real problem is how
modules are handled. this is my other major fortran grumble. there is no
way of figuring out what module files are produced without looking into
the file and knowing the particular habits of the compiler.

i am eagerly awaiting gfortran. my code still stumbles over some
character array stuff which isn't implemented yet.
</delurk>

thanks a lot for all the brilliant work
cheers
magi