Re: [gfortran] PATCH fix PR libfortran/20257

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 02:19:12PM +0100, coudert@lcp.u-psud.fr wrote:
> > as i commented a few days ago, i think we need to remove any limit on
> > record length for sequential files, while still catching the error
> > when a file is opened with a specific RECL= and it is exceeded.
>
> I do think too. But I see no reason for not adopting this work-around
> quickly (and, in the same time, not closing the bug as a real solution is
> yet to be devised).

I agree with FX here. His patch is small, simple and "corrects" the
problem for everyday use, except for a rather obscure corner case.
Who's going to write >1 GB formatted to stdout/err anyway? Big files
tend to be unformatted, and opened separately in the program (and this
case is taken care of by FX's patch).

Patch is OK for mainline and 4.0 IMHO.

--
Janne Blomqvist