Re: anti-Windows comments on gfortran site

I don't think it's a good idea for the gfortran web
site to criticize Windows at
http://www.gfortran.org/index.php?n=Main.Windows? ,
since it may discourage prospective Windows users. The
creator of the Windows binary put some effort into
making it easier for Windows users to try gfortran --
why send a mixed message?

I don't know. This is a Wiki, so anyone can change it and I encourage you to do so. As for now, I changed the installation instructions for Windows, MacOS X and i?86-linux packages (I didn't have time to see this new wiki before). If you feel some improvement or clarification is welcome, please feel free to contribute (that's an easy way to help us developing gfortran; any time I can spare on this will be spent on fixing bugs, you have my word!).

As for you other request (timestamping binaries), it won't be easy (I don't have time to modify the wiki everytime I update a package). Nethertheless, I will specify on the wiki that some are daily (linux, freebsd, solaris), some are weekly (MacOS X) and some are rather when-I-have-time-y (Windows). In the latter case, I will try to put a timestamp on the wiki.

FX