Re: ICE on any f90 file using 20050311 snapshot

FX> I have trouble remembering the codes for processors. If Pentium I is
FX> i586, then my gfortran builds will probably not work.

It's been a long time that I played with architecture and code
generation flags of gcc, and the improvement of gcc certainly has
changed a lot.

AFAIR older gcc's could generate code that was optimized on i586 but
still ran on i486, because it did not use any of the newer instructions.
There was only some performance penalty (few percent) for i486 because
of fewer restrictions on the alignment of functions and other stuff for
the pentium.  Maybe there are flags that optimize for i686 but produce
code runnable on i586.  I.e., no MMX/3Dnow/SSE/whatever stuff in the
compiler executable.

FX> I will try to change this in the next days (read: no guarantee that
FX> I get that done before the week-end). Do you think i586 will be
FX> enough or should I set target to i386?

I don't know what exactly triggered my problem, but we might try i586
first.  The download of your build is much smaller than that from
gfortran.org, making it an attractive alternative ;-)

Cheers,
-ha