Re: I/O library and testing

On Sunday 27 February 2005 16:16, Tobias Schlüter wrote:
> Tobias Schlüter wrote:
> > Nevertheless, I think this should be
> > fixed, and I will commit the obvious patch fixing the equality test to
> > the mainline together with a testcase once testing finishes.
>
> For the sake of completeness: here's what I commited to the mainline.

Please also apply this to the 4.0 branch.

Applying different fixes to mainline and release branch is a bad idea (twice
as much chance of making a mistake). Especially in this case where the change
is user-visible. 4.0 hasn't been released
 yet, so we don't need to worry about backwards compatibility.

Paul