Gfortran and block data routine.

I recently downloaded the gfortran to test it's functionality.  I used it to compile some of my code and found that when
a named BLOCK DATA routine is compiled and included into a Library, and the main routine includes an EXTERNAL statement
to that named BLOCK DATA, the linker fails to load the object and the initialization of common(s) fails.  This is the
same type of error that plagued the early stages of the development of the GNU compiler (circa 1993).
Any chance this will be fixed before release?