Re: Windows MinGW binaries now available

Hi all,

As announced yesterday on comp.lang.fortran, I have built a standalone Windows package for gfortran, available for download from www.gfortran.org. I had reports of successful installation from a few people, and no complaints so far.

Hopefully, this package will satisfy Windows users (someone said "zealots"?) since it is self-contained and does not require installing MinGW or any other software (libraries, headers and all executables are included in the archive). It looks much like the g77 packages for Windows one can find on the Web.

Hopefully, the packaging of gfortran for Windows and MacOS has reached a compromise, and the frenzy of complaints is going to slow down! I will continue such packages on a weekly basis.

FX